Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday Confession

Ssshhhhhh. Come closer. Don't tell anyone. Promise? I have a Twitter account but I've never sent out a tweet. Never. I signed up with Twitter two years ago because my son and dil were documenting their road trip/move to Seattle via Twitter and I wanted to be in on their adventure. And I don't think I've signed onto Twitter since then. It simply does not captivate me. For me personally, Twitter is like brain farts with no archive. Which is maybe where most of those mini-blogs ought to be left, wafting in the breeze. I know many people who enjoy Twitter, my friend Deanna calls it the crack cocaine of the internet. I don't need to have my ADHD tendencies reinforced and encouraged by tweeting or following those who tweet. It's kind of like light beer. I don't drink it and don't judge those who partake, it's a matter of personal preference and choice. Okay, fine. I do judge the light beer drinkers. A little. But only because I think the goddess gave us beer because she wants us to be happy. As Shelby remarks in Steel Magnolias, I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special. I just know she was thinking about beer and how she'd rather have a nice Sam Adams Cream Stout or Fat Tire rather than a whole barrel of Miller Lite. Social networks and beer, boys and girls, it's what life is all about.

No comments: