Tuesday, June 4, 2013

A+ For Me!

Yes, indeedy, there are still firsts to be experienced! Today I gave blood for the very first time. It was easy and practically painless. And they gave me a Coke afterwards. The only unpleasant thing was that my blood pressure was alarmingly high! Likely due to anxiety, I expect. The white coat nerves. Despite the fact that the fellow was dressed in blue scrubs. He asked me lots of seriously personal questions. My answers indicated that I lead a very dull and ordinary life. So. Give blood. It's a good thing to do. And I would have taken them up on the tshirt if it had been cuter. 

2 comments:

AndiBean said...

Proud of you, babe! My mother has been donating blood since my father's heart transplant in 1995, and I started donating right at 16 years of age. With our bajillion gallons combined, we've JUST recently broken even with the blood bank over how many liters of blood my father's used for all of his surgeries throughout the years. Whew!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks! :-) Proud of you, too. I've never needed blood or its various components but thought I'd pay it forward. Donating blood is something I had often thought about doing but never had. When I get my card I promise to do it regularly!