Monday, April 22, 2013

Splendiferous Spring!


This was taken yesterday. As the thermometer indicates, thawing temps were in progress outside. Inside was the only place anything was blooming.


Ooh, ooh! Shrinking piles of dirty snow! Damp pavement! Standing puddles of chilly water! Patches of pitiful brownish lawn emerging! And it's only one month since the spring equinox! One month!


The back yard view yesterday afternoon. Yes, it is totally blanketed in the white stuff. But please note that there was no more snow actually falling at the time! 


Okay. This is today. Monday, April 22, 2013. This is the view from my living room. If this late spring blizzard wasn't so beautiful and strange I might be aggravated. But it is both beautiful and strange. I expect Mother Nature will be experiencing hot flashes by the weekend. Followed directly by hordes of mosquitoes.


I don't know about you, but I love the quiet stillness of snow falling and gathering undisturbed on the deck furniture. Even though it's long past the middle of April. I'm reminded to live in the moment and to relinquish any notion that this day ought to be anything else other than what it is.

No comments: