Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tighty Non-Whities


Allow me to introduce to you Mr. Pants. Created by Rare, a second-party developer for Nintendo. Star of the Game Boy Advance game, It's Mr. Pants. Reid could tell you so much more about Mr. Pants. I know this because he told me a whole stinking lot more about him last night just before I went to bed. Fortunately, I was not subject to nightmares starring this poorly drawn creation. Mr. Pants looks to me to be the bastard child of Sam the Snowman (voiced by Burl Ives in the 1964 stop-action animated Christmas classic Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer) and one of those rain forest insects that looks like a twig. Now that you have cross-species as well as animated character/creepy crawly sex planted in your mind you may feel as though you need to take a shower. Whatever possessed them to attire him in red underwear is beyond me. But red it is, and on this Valentine Eve I thought it appropriate. If you ask me, his name ought to be Mr. Underpants.

2 comments:

Crazy said...

Captain Underpants was already taken, might have sounded too close. :P

Sidenote: My British coworkers refer to them as pants, just shortening out the under part. They're weird

Bellona of Avalon said...

Yup. British English. Don't they call them knickers?

My Captain Underpants code name is Buttercup Picklebrain.