Friday, February 8, 2013

Penne Pasta Panache


Sometimes I don't bother with a recipe. I look in the fridge and go, hmmmm, and read the expiration dates. Tonight's pasta experiment is penne accompanied by carmelized onion, smoked salmon and broccoli enveloped in a lemon butter reduction. Just a little shredded parmesan on top. I would pair it with a nice pinot grigio, my personal favorite being Candoni. Maybe a little spinach salad on the side topped with gorgonzola crumbles and beets. I sound like such a food snob. I'll let you in on something. Come closer. I love macaroni and cheese. And hot dogs. And jello. And grilled cheese sandwiches. I like to think I'm an equal opportunity foodie. So there.
    

2 comments:

AndiBean said...

That last line made me laugh out loud. Thanks for sharing! :)

Bellona of Avalon said...

Bring me the plastic cheese in the jar and tortilla chips!!