Monday, September 3, 2012

Gross-Out #3

Gross-out number one occurred whilst I was shuffling into the kitchen to make coffee, sans corrective lenses. I like to wake up slowly. The soft focus world I encounter allows a gentler transition into consciousness. Unless I step into a generous pile of cat hairball barf. Fresh enough to be squishy, old enough to be chilly. Then I am unceremoniously slammed into wakefulness as well as thrust into cleaning mode. All of this in a pre-coffee state. Gross-out number two was discovered while making the pancakes promised to the younger son. Upon opening the flour container I found its contents to be in motion. Due to the tiny black bugs milling about within. As well as earlier incarnations of said black bugs  having hatched out in a veritable bug restaurant and enjoying the somewhat limited menu. Infested flour disposed of, new bag opened and sifted into a thoroughly washed container, cupboard inspected and cleaned. On the bright side, the pancakes were yummy and I received a bonus newspaper this morning. But if we hold to the rule of threes, potential gross-out number three is dangling out there like a Damoclesian sword. With any luck accompanied soon after by the third bright side happening. You can't make me go down to the basement.  

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Holy crap, what is it with the flour?! I opened mine up this weekend and there they were: BUGS!

Greetings from Minneapolis,

Pearlk

Bellona of Avalon said...

Welcome!

The bugs seem to have been confined to that particular bag of flour. I will, however, diligently over-inspect the flour canister probably for months.

The Cranky said...

Ummm, yeah. Did I remember to mention that I might have posted a link to your blog recently? Hehehe Sorry!

Bellona of Avalon said...

I missed that!

I seem to be behind on reading as well as posting!

And I certainly can't complain about new readers!