Monday, August 13, 2012

Season 1, Episode 9

I don't feel much of a kinship with any of the Desperate Housewives, who coincidentally are characters on the nighttime soap of the same name. But I am getting a kick out of watching it on Netflix. Tonight I noticed a detail that would have slipped right by most viewers. Unless you happen to have a connection with North Dakota. Which I do, having mostly grown up there. Bad boy Andrew Van de Kamp has just been busted by his mom, Bree, for smoking pot in his bedroom. He is wearing a dark green tshirt with a moose on it. And, wait! Pause. Next to the moose are the words, Cando, North Dakota. Did the well-to-do Van de Kamps vacation there? Do they have relatives there? One doesn't simply happen upon Cando. You pretty much need to be heading there intentionally. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere in the northeastern part of the state. I expect it's some sort of inside joke. I'm not privy to the joke but I thought it was funny anyway. I'm not certain they have moose there, but they are pretty close to Canada. They do, however, have a moose on their promotional tshirts.

1 comment:

Shawny2012 said...

This is awesome only because you can probably guess where I'm from: Cando! I just had an old college friend tell me about the t-shirt so I had to look into it. And yes, we do have moose up here :)