Thursday, August 9, 2012

KC, Day Four

 No, I have not forgotten that I've neglected to finish documenting the sisters trip to Kansas City. Thursday was devoted to keeping Pam informed as to what Martine and I were up to since she returned home on Wednesday. Which means phone camera pics. We awoke to rain and did the most logical thing we could think of. Put on our Austin, Texas tees that Pam gave us and go for a walk in the rain in search of coffee. When passing a c-store, a man gassing up his car gave me a thumbs-up for the message on my tie-dye shirt.





After the rain cleared, we ventured into Kansas to see what the Legends Outlet Mall was all about. Martine was drooling a bit over the nearby speedway. I was distracted by this sculpture depicting runners. Streakers? I like to call it Buns in the Sun. I'm sure it has an official title, but(t) I like mine better.









The highlight of the afternoon was lunch at Yard House Restaurant. They have an astonishing number of beers on tap. This is the cold room where they keep the kegs, there's an elaborate system of tubes leading over to the bar. John, our most entertaining server, talked us into dessert. He said it was just a spoonful. It was their Mini Trio Sampler. Three little custard dishes, one of each of their peach-apple cobbler, chocolate souffle, and lemon souffle with raspberries. All with real whipped cream. Yum. Though we wondered what size spoon John had in mind. 







Continuing with shopping, Martine demonstrates a common clothing malfunction. Most people remove the hanger first, but I like how this dress gracefully frames her sweet face.









All tarted up for our last evening out. We were too late for dinner at Brio but went upstairs to the lounge for a warm up drink. We wound up at Tomfooleries where we found food and wine and the most excellent live music provided by a band called Government Cheese. We danced til they closed. 

No comments: