Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hotel Observations





1. King size beds are silly. Particularly if you're all by your lonesome. Finding the edge so you can get out of bed feels like immigrating to another country. Especially if it's dark. A king size bed is even more silly if you need a little step-stool to climb into it. Making a ceiling fan just a little too close for comfort.


2. Not having cable tv at home, I can't resist tuning in and flipping channels. And amongst the myriad of programs, two are always on. Some flavor of Star Trek and SpongeBob Squarepants. How is it possible for SpongeBob to have dry lips?


3. My favorite indulgence at the breakfast room is a bowl of Froot Loops. If they are not available, Frosted Flakes will do.


4. Elevator conversation with a man who has black luggage: That sure is some pink luggage! Really? I'm on to you! Makes it easier to find at the airport! Don't you dare run out and buy a pink suitcase and spoil my fiendish plan!


5. I feel so regretful when the room is equipped with a mini fridge and microwave oven and I don't have the opportunity to use them. In an ironically karmic way, just as often I would appreciate and even need these appliances and do not have them available.


2 comments:

colleen said...

Please tell me the hotel didn't have a waffle iron. You can't possibly prefer cold breakfast cereal to Belgian waffles!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Of course they did. But I make waffles at home pretty frequently and I almost never buy those kiddy, sugary cereals.

Also, only one time in the last ten years has a hotel had waffles and real butter to put on them. This girl cannot tolerate margarine! Then there was the time when we had our own fresh blueberries and whipped cream along...inspiring envy among the rest of the breakfast crowd!