Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A-choo

Is this a particularly nasty summer for seasonal allergies? Because after two weeks of thinking I was coming down with a cold but never quite getting there, I realized I was in the grippe of seasonal allergic rhinitis. I just didn't recognize it right away, it's been nearly twenty years since we regularly kept company. I didn't miss it. Not one little bit. The itchy, watery eyes, the tickle in my nose and throat, the sneezing fits that come out of nowhere and provide no relief, the general feel of yukkiness hanging about. Which leads me to think that the recent rains have caused all sorts of plants to grow and bloom and shed their pollens indiscriminately. I have not yet required medication. But on the day that I do, I shall selfishly wish for an early frost. Gesundheit, indeed.

No comments: