Thursday, July 19, 2012

PreNup PS

Once again, the threes have it! The three men I have had the longest relationships with both time-wise and seriousness-wise all seem to have moved on. After 20+ years, three years and three years of being with me, they are married, married with two babies and engaged! And relatively soon after their involvement with me. Just minutes ago I received news of the engagement of bachelor number three and was quite surprised given the brief time they have been together. Out of a sincere sense of impending doom I recommend these three things for the bride-to-be. Join Al-Anon to learn the coping skills you will need to spend your life with a man who drinks to excess, pretty much on a daily basis. If he won't consent to engaging in anger management therapy, go on your own to learn how to deal with a deeply angry man who has little control over his temper. In case you hadn't noticed, he suffers from erectile dysfunction. And he is in a state of complete and utter denial about it. It would not surprise me in the least if last two issues were directly tied to the first. All I know is, his resistance to addressing these three problems is why I broke off our relationship. He's an interesting, intelligent, complex fellow. But not a healthy relationship choice. And there is good reason to be wary of a man who at forty plus years has never been responsible for anyone but himself, not even a pet or a plant, and has never had a relationship with a woman that lasted five years. I wish you well. Marriage isn't easy, and with any luck he has dealt with these difficult issues already. Otherwise you're starting off on a steep uphill climb with the summit still out of sight.

No comments: