Monday, July 2, 2012

KC, Day Three

How could this be? I have no photos of day three! And let's face it, we're almost two weeks out from the actual experience and if there aren't photos to prompt my memory, this could very well be an exceedingly dull post. I remember coffee showing up. And the lovely woman bearing the coffee deigned to set it on a clear spot on the bed as the lovely coffee-bearing woman had done the previous day. She said it was against the law. Maybe just hotel policy. I scrambled for the luggage rack. Then there was showering and dressing and girly-getting-ready stuff. Pam was also packing up for late in the afternoon she would be delivered to Terminal B at KCI in order to return home. Sigh. Some famous Kansas City barbecue was consumed at Gates BBQ for lunch. Spicy. Yummy. Yes. Then on to Crown Center for some shopping. There was fudge. And a new shawl for moi. And a cute purse that has turned into a story all on its own. Then much sadness and gnashing of teeth and wailing as we dropped Pam off for her flight to Atlanta. Back in KC proper, Martine and I found ourselves ready for an evening in. Beer and wine were procured on the way back to the hotel. We suited up for pool time with beverages. We thought we weren't hungry but found ourselves in the bar in our swimsuits splitting a most excellent burger. I love eating in the bar in my swimsuit. I feel like I'm getting away with something. I mustn't neglect to mention that this day was also Michael's birthday. After playing a couple rounds of call and text tag, I finally spoke with the elder son. He assured me that twenty-four was treating him well, as was Liz, who was providing him with a triple chocolate cake delicacy in honor of his natal anniversary. Then there was sleep. Then it was Thursday. I have pictures of Thursday!
   

No comments: