Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Guano be Gone!


Power washing the guano off the lawn furniture is so very satisfying. Stage one of cleaning up the yard and garage for next week's festivities is complete. I have potted the lovely new pink calladium and after a week of careful tending and watering there are tiny new blades of grass in the former perennial thicket! It turns out my gerbera daisy has survived me being gone. Reid, I apologize for my earlier outburst accusing you of killing it. It seems you merely neglected it. Upon my return from KC it resembled a large tossed salad left out in the sun to fend for itself. After removing all the dead leaves there is one blossom open and two more on the way! I also have replaced that pup tent shaped rusted out part in the grill with a shiny new one. I love a productive morning!

2 comments:

The Cranky said...

Nothing like a shiny new pup tent shaped place on the grill to make one feel productive! ;-)

Happy 4th!

Bellona of Avalon said...

I just looked at the package, it's called a drip vaporizer bar. On my shopping list I wrote "grill thingy", 7 x 24, with a little ^ shape next to it.

Happy 4th to you, too!