Friday, July 6, 2012

Exit

It's funny how some people seem to have departed before they actually arrive. I'm not talking about oddball time zone conversions or relativity. I mean this in the most literal sense possible. People who are so careful to maintain their emotional distance. They stay disconnected in the most intimate of situations. His eyes are clear and bright but he's not there. Because it's safe to be this way. I came this close to getting to you and I'm most certain this is why you ran. Why you disappeared on me. So I'm sad tonight. Not for me but for you. Because the lost and lonely souls who plan an exit strategy before the opportunity for entry arises lose out on embracing the profound and joyous human experience that love is. And they are the ones who need it the most.

No comments: