Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day of Rest. Not!

Typing is too hard, squeal my cranky hands. I resorted to attaching the skirt pieces to the couch with itty bitty nails cuz my hands were to pooped to use the heavy duty stapler. Pitiful, I know. Drives me to drink and Advil and a strategically placed heat pack. In other news, it rained last night! I had to get out of bed and scurry about closing windows and wiping up puddles. The lawn is almost green again! It hasn't been mowed in over a month and I must say Reid is not complaining about it. I had a dream last night about building a cat scratching post. Turns out I have all the necessary parts right here in the garage and basement. I just may tackle that tomorrow. I love Newton and Einstein. But they do not get to claw the new upholstery! Between the spray bottle, cat nip and a new scratching spot just for them I think we may find a way to make it work. And now, my cranky hands bid you goodnight.

1 comment:

colleen said...

You got RAIN?? I'd heard that, but figured someone was mistaken. We SO need rain. Had I known the Summer would be so dry, I certainly wouldn't have enlarged the veggie garden. It's about to kill me.

Glad to hear that you like beets, however! I'm growing a type that is quite sweet and very RED. Will drop some by with other produce next time I'm in town!