Friday, July 27, 2012

Beets Me

It would seem that at some point in my childhood that I had a close encounter of the veggie kind that put me off beets forever. Until tonight. Let's not bother with the actual calculation of the duration of forever. This evening I was treated to the most delectable salad I have ever eaten. And it was rife with beets! Really! Spinach and other greens and two varieties of beets and goat cheese. I chose the rather unorthodox creamy gorgonzola dressing, this salad is normally paired with a basic vinaigrette. It was delish. And particularly so because of the tangy sweet addition of beets! I am officially reformed. Beets are wonderful. Don't even begin to think you can slip some okra past me. Though slippery it is. Go ahead and help yourself to all the okra in the world. While you're busy chomping on it, pass the beets to me.

No comments: