Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waiting

Stoplight. I glance to my right and see a college professor behind the wheel of an acid green Prius. This is a small town. I actually know who he is. To my left is a loud, obnoxious Harley-Davidson motorcycle. Piloting the bike is a chunky fellow wearing jeans, black work boots, a jean jacket, sunglasses, a black stocking cap and has a cigarette dangling from his mouth. This is a small town but I do not know him. Smack dab between them, I am in my Newport Blue Pearl Subaru Outback that has just accumulated 50,000 miles. I am in the middle. In more ways than one, I imagine.

2 comments:

colleen said...

Smack dab. Slightly scary, don't you think?!

Bellona of Avalon said...

For me it's more interesting than scary.

Paying attention, being in the moment, observing what is right there is an endless source of entertainment and information for me as well as fodder for writing.

I'm often amused and rarely bored!