Sunday, June 10, 2012

Miss Tallulah

Reid asks, Mom, where were you standing when this picture was taken? Why, I replied, on my swollen pregnant feet! 


He didn't recognize the location. Trees do get larger in twenty years and change the landscape, so I thought I'd re-enact the photo in approximately the same place. Miss Tallulah, my life size Barbie doll, is graciously standing in for moi. The dark blob just to the left of her elbow is a grill located near the bottom of the deck stairs that can be clearly seen in the earlier photo. Miss T is posed in the area that still requires weed removal and grassing in. The tulips are long gone.


Miss T has been part of the family for a number of years. I find it enjoyable to dress her up according to holiday themes. Here, my brother-in-law Bill is sneaking her in through the back door. The grin quickly disappeared from his face when he was informed by my husband that Miss T lacked any functional orifices. With great disappointment she was returned to the garage.



I do love Halloween. So, it seems, does Miss T. All gussied up in classic witch's garb along with Reid and Michael in the fall of 2001. The little ghoulish guy shows how creative one can be with a shop vac, eye patch, superball that looks like an eyeball, and a foam skull. He's stylish with a plaid scarf that tenuously secures his head onto his mechanical body.  The effect is made complete with a hooded cloak. If I remember correctly, Michael is probably holding the poor guy together for the photo. We may have later resorted to duct tape.

No comments: