Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So Far This Week...

1. After the shot of Patron and an Irish car bomb Monday night, I had the good sense to leave my car in the parking lot and accept a ride home. 


2. Waking up and feeling wonderful at just past 6 am yesterday, I noted what a lovely day was taking shape outside. I pulled on sweats and tennis shoes and bumped into Reid in the kitchen. I asked him if he was up for a walk. We set out on the two mile trek to fetch my car.


3. Approximately halfway to the car, I thought it would be really funny if I hadn't remembered to grab my car key. That's just the sort of dopey thing I do. I had the key. Which was much funnier than not having it.


4. Amelia trimmed up my hair on Monday afternoon. She is magic. 


5. Plans are shaping up for the sister trip to Kansas City. We. Are. Excited!


6. Misplaced my camera for the second time this week. The first time I eventually located it in the pocket of my jean jacket. About an hour ago I remembered that I had left it outside on the table near the hammock. Fortunately it didn't rain. And I had put it in its case. I had to sponge off the pine sticky stuff that had dripped on the case from the tree overhead. Very happy that I put it in its case.


7. Totally negated any healthy effects from the 2 mile walk by going through the McDonald's drive-up for a breakfast sandwich.


8. Reid is now a licensed driver. He successfully accomplished taking the test this afternoon.


9. To celebrate item #8, brownies and ice cream seemed in order.


10. I don't know what the rest of you would do with rummage sale proceeds burning a hole in your pocket, but this girl bought boots. If I don't misplace my camera again, pics tomorrow of the new ultimate flat black sandals and new boots.

2 comments:

colleen said...

More boots?!! You'll soon be able to outfit a small army.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I live for my boots much in the same way you live for tiny pairs of black, pointy-toed heels!