Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Liner Notes

Yes, I admit it. I read them. All that tiny print on record albums. Which, incidentally, has gotten even tinier with the advent of the smaller scale packaging of cd's. Sometimes you find out interesting things. My favorite discovery involves two 1974 releases, Dan Fogelberg's Souvenirs and the Eagles' On The Border. The Eagles give extra special thanks to one Paul Ahern for leaving town. Dan bestows a merely special thanks to Paul Ahern for coming back to town. This could be some kind of inside the music industry joke. And I have no idea who Paul Ahern is. Or, indeed, if they refer to the same Paul Ahern. For all I know there certainly could be two of them. There you have it. Oh, and I'm one of those weirdos who sits in the movie theater til the absolute bitter end reading all those damn credits Andy Rooney gripes about. I read them, Andy gripes about them. Hobbies are fun.

1 comment:

Dave Newport said...

Oh my gawd! For years I thought I was the only one who noticed that!
To add weirdness to it all, I purchased both of those albums on the same day, after seeing Dan Fogelberg open for The Eagles in Terre Haute, IN in (probably) 1975.