Ten Things Allen Got Right
1. He was, and continues to be, a very good father.
2. After a tumultuous childhood that included sexual and emotional abuse, he made me feel safe for the first time in my life.
3. He dealt well with my extended family, particularly my mom.
4. We agreed on the division of labor for tasks around the house and yard. This is a major bone of contention in most marriages and it seemed effortless for us.
5. Being half Dutch, he was very responsible with money.
6. He quit smoking. Probably as much for me as he did for himself, ten months into our relationship.
7. He appreciated my cooking.
8. He rubbed my feet. Any man who does a great foot massage is a gift from the Goddess.
9. We worked well together on building and remodeling projects. From inception and design to finish we were a great team. Garage, decks, garden shed, complete kitchen remodel, basement finishing and a major addition. The house that I still enjoy living in is testament to this cooperation.
10. I never doubted that he was faithful to me.