Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Artsy Glass

As far as glassware is concerned, I'm a sucker for amber and cobalt blue. I don't collect for value, which is a good thing, because I have absolutely no knowledge of artglass value. I collect for that purest of reasons. Love. These two pieces spoke to me so I had to bring them home. The amber hobnail vase was in the window and I claimed it when I was barely through the door. It's a little over 4.5 inches tall, and has found a home on the little bookcase in my bedroom.

The cobalt bottle caught my eye because of its interesting form. I think it was some type of product packaging due to the smooth area suitable for a label on two of the sides. Old? Maybe. Also could be fresh off the shelf at Hobby Lobby.

I especially liked the bottle's asymmetry. I believe that's an isosceles triangle forming the base. From the Greek isoskeles, meaning with equal sides. And that concludes the artsy glass geometry lesson for today.

No comments: