Monday, July 18, 2011

Enchanted

That's the name of the painting. Enchanted. Painted by Antoni Ditlef, perhaps in the early nineteenth century. He did a series of paintings involving lovely women and musical instruments. And now I have a copy! All I can say is, it's very handy to have an art historian in the family. After writing about this painting in an earlier post, my daughter-in-law Liz did a little research and found a purveyor of Ditlef prints. She and Michael then presented me with my very own framed copy today, making this a continuation of the best birthday ever! Thank you, my Beamish Boy and thank you, my Darling DIL. There's no place like home.

3 comments:

Domartello said...

Beautiful, beautiful smile, beautiful picture, Congratulations on your posts .. A hug.
Carlos.

Amy Chalmers said...

Happiest of Birthdays! Enchanted is a lovely painting!

Martine said...

Wow every time I see that painting it's like seeing a photo of mom or when we were all young. It is so familiar. How sweet of Liz and Michael.