Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Biker Girls

Time to ride the Mickelson Trail! This was about 8 Saturday morning. I look very perky despite the fact that I have had only three hours of sleep. Okay, I started celebrating my birthday a little early. With tequila shots, Patron of course, and dancing. What a gorgeous morning!

Feeling triumphant halfway through the ride. After hydrating and a Honey Nut Cheerios bar we are back on the trail. The upcoming half of the ride is one long, slow, verrrry gradual uphill grade. I have no idea what I'm in for!

Nearly two hours later the ride is complete. Miraculously, I have no hangover. And it seems that I sunscreened properly with the spf 45 since my shoulders are not fried.


My bike buddies Sara and Karen! They had to cheer me on through the last mile, I was in my lowest gear and moving pretty slowly. I recommend starting out your birthday short on sleep and tackling a 20 mile bike ride. I can't wait for next time to ride a different section of the trail.

No comments: