Sunday, June 12, 2011

For the Birds


I don't know how the whole bird theme came about in my living room. But there it is. In fact, the birds are not confined to just one room, they seem to have migrated throughout the house. There are bird figurines, a bird pillow, a framed print of birds perched on a wire. Not to mention all of those pink flamingos out in the yard. As well as actual birds. And now, I have a coffee cup with a bird on it. In fact, I have two of them. It's my favorite cup now, at least one of them is. I can't really distinguish one from the other. I also have this thing for blue and white dinnerware. So as they say on Antiques Roadshow, this here mug has crossover appeal with collectors. All I know is, the coffee tastes particularly good from this cup. And I like how it fits in my hands. Birds, I've heard, are the closest contemporary relative to the long extinct dinosaur. That must be why I like them.

No comments: