Monday, June 13, 2011

Arrival


When did this happen? Most likely when I was busy with something, like my life. Running errands. Going to work. Jotting down a grocery list. Baking cookies. Sorting laundry. Sleeping. Because it's a process, you know, this getting from point A to point B. It's not just the arriving, it's in the business of getting there. And just this morning, while I was still in my pajamas, hair uncombed and teeth unbrushed, I puzzled over why I ever lost a moment's sleep or shed a single tear over him. For any of you who might think that the opposite of love is hate, you couldn't be more wrong. The opposite of love is indifference. He doesn't matter any more. And that's just fine with me.

4 comments:

LindaCO said...

Agreed x10.

Congrats on your arrival.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Thanks.

Why does it take so damn long?

colleen said...

I'd wondered who this was about, and recently realized that the "who" really didn't matter. What matters is where we are with ourselves, and how that affects others. Hard thing.

I like to think that every day is a chance to learn, and practice what's right. And I thank you, Carla, for being a very fine example. Doing what's right when all is well doesn't take much effort. Doing what's right when it's not easy is a very different thing.

Will leave it at that.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Colleen!

You see me in such a noble light. I'm grateful for that. Especially on my dorkier days.

Thanks. :)