Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spring! At Last!

This is Vladimir, all cozy in the corner of his deck pot. He looks as though he's about to say something. Doesn't he?

I swear these ferns pop up overnight!

I'm a big proponent of recycling! But let's talk about my virtue, not my weight. My local Lowe's store accepts all manner of previous planting paraphernalia for recycling! I pulled all of this out of my garden shed and hauled it in. Check out your local retailers and see if they do, too. Then patronize the businesses with greener policies!

And, yes, lilac season is upon us. These intoxicatingly fragrant blossoms are so short lived, so colorful, so lovely. I'm sleeping with my bedroom windows open in hopes that their sweet scent will bring me sweet dreams.

2 comments:

colleen said...

You hauled all that planting stuff back to Lowe's without asking me first?! What am I to do with you?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Panic not, there is more.