Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bustle in My Hedgerow

Phase One of garage cleaning was completed this afternoon. Recycling is ready to go to the curb tomorrow morning. Two bags of garbage hauled out. It is now possible to walk through from the front to the back without scaling a mountain of junk. Without a doubt, the most disgusting thing I found was something that used to be Reid's carved pumpkin from last Halloween. Sitting there on the counter. Collapsing in on itself in a sea of melted pumpkin goo. Fortunately the temperature in the garage was around 50 degrees, cutting down the stink factor to nearly nothing. Phase Two of garage cleaning I expect will be patching up the wall with a new piece of sheetrock, followed by reorganizing. Then I'll need the cleared out space for slapping a fresh coat of paint on the deck furniture. That is, if the snow and rain will stop long enough so the furniture will dry out so I can paint it. Cleaning Phase One turned up my collection of cobalt blue wine bottles which I will be turning into lovely and decorative yard lights! They are currently soaking in the laundry room to facilitate label removal. Sometimes when I keep stuff because I think I could maybe possibly use it later for a cool craft project, I actually find it and do the project. On the other hand, I also recently found a box of a dozen glass dinner size plates, purchased in the local K-Mart store closing clearance sale years ago. I bought them for a cool craft project. One of them that I never got around to, which is good because now they will come in handy for the Gradu-Weduation party. Now a mere sixteen days away. It's not nearly time to panic.

No comments: