Saturday, March 12, 2011

Queen of Style

Okay, maybe not the queen, but definitely one of them. My dining room* table now feels spring-like despite the fact that no pastel colors are involved. The table runner is actually a clearance scarf from Lands' End that I've never worn. It set me back about six bucks, and I love the graphic print and the color. Never felt quite right when I tried tossing it on to finish a look, so I kept putting it back in the drawer. It looks much better on the table than it ever did on me.

These baskets were found in the 90% off basement bargain clearance area of a favorite local store! All five came in under four dollars! What is it about tiny baskets that is just so darn adorable? When Easter nears I'll incorporate a set of cobalt/white Ukranian looking eggs to the mix. But first I have to find them. I have six weeks, right? Less the hour we shall lose overnight tonight. I better get busy...


*I believe I have admitted before that I don't have an actual separate dining room. It's really just the far end of the kitchen, separated by the breakfast bar. But sometimes, particularly when the table is clear of grocery bags, recycling on its way out to the garage, and piles of stuff needing to go downstairs, and the occasional cat, and my purse, and when it's photographed from this angle, it certainly looks and feels like a dining room table.

2 comments:

LindaCO said...

That IS stylish. I love when that kind of thing comes together cheaply and easily. And looks great too.

Bellona of Avalon said...

It looks so nice when it's not all cluttered, this photo (I hope) will inspire me to keep it looking good!