Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ten Things About Today

1. It is my brother Cullen's birthday. He would have been 47. He never liked his birthday, he didn't like people making a fuss on his behalf. Still completely wrong that he is gone.

2. I really like my nurse case manager, Leah. She gets on the phone and gets answers and kicks butt.

3. Still mystified over the painful sensations in my hands, the doctor ordered a blood screen to rule in/out rheumatoid arthritis.

4. They draw a whole stinking lot of blood for this test!!

5. The lab tech who drew my blood was expert and painless.

6. And, yes, I do watch when they poke needles in me. Kind of a horrible fascination sort of thing.

7. The possibility of having a debilitating auto-immune disease has supplanted my usual annoyance/aggravation over this whole situation with my hands. Leah and I were both crying in the waiting area for the clinic lab. Did I tell you how much I like her? She even got me kleenex.

8. I bought a lovely rug for the patio door area. My bare feet will appreciate it, that is the coldest patch of floor in the house!

9. The nice people at Kohl's cheerfully exchanged my defective Calphalon pan for a new one. I didn't even have a receipt.

10. Ravenswood Vintner's blend zin is a lovely red wine. I'm going for a second glass right now.

No comments: