Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Arrival

We have arrived! Reid has discovered the not so secret secret to gaining access to Miss Pam's wireless network. This mean that I may not see him for days. I am typing to you from Pam's cute little laptop until mine is also wifi'd. Then there shall be photos! Until then, I have discovered a number of things in the past three days. Firstly, that being a recent college graduate does not mean that you are a polite driver! Secondly, I greatly enjoy the company of my younger son. Even when he is mildly sullen and removed from me via the magic of earbuds, even though he is mere inches away from me. Miraculously, he can hear me singing along with Mary Chapin Carpenter despite the earbuds, though he does not hear my request for consulting the map. Hearing, it seems, is indeed selective. Thirdly, I am convinced that there is not a single straight and conconvoluted street in the vicinity. And lastly, this is my first time at Pam's home, and I felt instantly at home when we pulled up in the driveway. Leading me to believe that home is not so much a physical location as it is a place in the heart. Something I have suspected for a long, long time.