Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Say Cheeeeeese!


When I got in my car this morning, there was the unmistakable aroma of, well, old, nasty cheese. Or something in that odor range. Imagine my surprise this evening when I found, on the floor in the back seat, a fetid and burst gallon jug of milk. When the hell did I buy that! I wondered. No matter, was my second thought, even if the thing is well within its use-by date, it's going in the trash! Upon arriving home, I cleaned up what was spilled around the carpet mat with vinegar water and a rag. The carpet mat accompanied me out to the backyard hose where it was summarily rinsed of its cottage cheese-ness with the sprayer attachment set on power wash. Disgusting, yes. But could beer and wine making be far behind? Maybe if I leave some grapes and day old bread in the car...

2 comments:

Ed said...

I'm not sure, but maybe you should sort of smash the grapes a bit prior to losing them in the back of your car.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Accelerate that fermentation process!