Friday, May 21, 2010

Day Off?

*Attempts 3, 4, and possibly 5 of getting the rotten cheesy smell out of my car.

*Yard needs weeding and other attention.

*The light fixture, you know that one up really high in the stairwell, requires a new bulb.

*17yo needs a haircut and his drivers permit renewed. Kids. Sigh.

*The bed that's been out in the garage for over two weeks needs to be moved into the house. Here's where a big, strapping 17yo comes in handy. Kids. Yay!

*Vacuuming. Polishing. Bathrooms! Food prep stage one.

*Now that I've kvetched sufficiently, I must admit I'm most proud of the younger son, who graduates from high school on Sunday. He deserves a little fuss made over this accomplishment.

3 comments:

Martine said...

Call Tom and Ray of Car Talk on NPR. They're funny and knowledgable about car stuff. Here's the link:
http://www.cartalk.com/index.html

Bellona of Avalon said...

I've heard them try to deal with nasty phantom car smells before...they are sooo funny! I rarely miss a show.

I'm trying an organic cleaning/neutralizing cleaner now, after baking soda, Mr. Clean, gallons of water and my trusty ShopVac. I think it's a little better!

Ed said...

You actually kvetch. Wow! For really stubborn smells, five gallons of gasoline and a match works, but don't tell your insurance company.