Monday, April 5, 2010

Thought for Today

I don't expect that anything will be easy. I do expect that whatever it is that I engage in, be it work or recreation, relationships or love, that it will be worth the effort. This is something that is difficult to ascertain at the outset, something that is often determined at the conclusion. Maybe this expectation is my downfall. But it is most certainly the primary source of hope for me. At the very least, if I learn something in the process, the time and effort have been well spent. Even if I don't appreciate the lesson or the knowledge at the time. In the end, this question rings through my head: How many times do I have to go through this? And the answer echoes back: Until you get it right.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Uh...right? Heck, just get it.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Got it.