Friday, April 2, 2010

In The Ladies Room

The situation in the ladies room at Barnes & Noble this afternoon was, well, interesting. There are four stalls, three regular, and one handicapped. Of the three regular stalls, two were out of toilet paper. Their doors were wide open as though there was no point in attempting to use them sans papier. The handicapped stall was occupied by a young woman crying while furiously texting on her cell phone. As usual, there was a line. Yours truly, not in possession of that virtue called patience, particularly when her bladder is next to overflowing, strode to the front of the line, grabbed a paper towel from the dispenser on the way, and took possession of one of the paperless stalls. Sometimes you just gotta take charge. Oh, and they had the book I wanted.

4 comments:

Ed said...

I always suspected that the ambiance in "the powder room" was catastrophic. Now I know more than I need to. Is nothing sacred?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Since Sex and the City, what goes on in the ladies room has become general public knowledge. So, yes, many things maintain their sacred-ness. You must remember, Ed, that I'm a girl, so pretty much anything I relate here could be considered TMI to you, a guy.

Ed said...

I do not watch television and you got me with TMI(????).

Bellona of Avalon said...

I don't watch tv either.

Too Much Information.