Monday, March 15, 2010

If Only I'd Been Listening...


I worry more for you, than for me


When you said this to me, very early on in our involvement, I thought, how sweet. Your concern for me warmed my heart. You recognized what was on the line for me, how much I had to lose, how much I was risking to be with you. If only I'd been listening with objective ears! Even then, at the very beginning, you knew that you'd leave me. It was a warning in the guise of caring. If only I'd been listening at all.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Great lesson!

I've learned to listen, too. If a guy tells you he's an ass/dick or can't commit, BELIEVE HIM.

Ed said...

As you know, I'm a guy, and I agree with Deanna. Lots of women have told me this same story. Then they leave me.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Deanna! I miss your blog! Funny how we hear what we want to hear at the time. My learning curve is improving.

Ed, for a guy, you're pretty cool. I can't imagine why a woman would be so mean to you.

Ed said...

Uh...they were married?