Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bring on Spring!

Here we are, a mere six days from Ostara, and signs of spring are abundant!

*DST has arrived. I'm not cranky about it yet. Yet.

*Spring Break has come to a conclusion. Michael and Liz have returned from Florida and at this very moment I'm wearing the pink TinkerBell hoodie they brought me. I may never take it off.

*The sump pump ran a couple of days ago! I put on my serious slogging boots and ventured out into the back yard to move the hose out away from the house. I think the water was mostly run-off from the glacial mass melting on the roof, another sign of spring.

*I can see concrete! The entire driveway area has melted!

*It may be possible to finally put away the light up palm tree and pink flamingo holiday decorations. Maybe a few more days of warmer weather to reduce that massive snowbank they're encased in...

*I hear birds in the morning!

*Now that the roof has survived one more winter, it's time to call contractors and get estimates for a new one. It will be ever so lovely to have matching shingles after thirteen years of three different colors and vintages of roofing up there. Four if you count the quickie patch job I did on the peak last fall just before winter hit!


2 comments:

Ed said...

Concrete! Oh yeah, it's Spring!

Bellona of Avalon said...

La Primavera!