Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine Breakfast for One

And before you have the opportunity to think, oh, how sad! Breakfast alone on Valentine's Day! Allow me to assure you that I'm deeply happy, albeit alone. The other end of that spectrum would be coupled and miserable. With, I'm certain, all the various combinations and variations on the continuum between those two extremes. That said, on this morning of the day we celebrate the joys of love romantic, I am happy to report that for perhaps the first time in my life, my heart belongs to me. And until that moment when Mr. NPBPFM* appears on my doorstep, here and now is a pretty good place to be. Oh, and yes, that is most definitely a homemade banana walnut muffin. Complimented nicely with freshly brewed coffee. And Dove caramels for dessert. My favorite thing about Sunday, any Sunday, is dessert with breakfast.

* Mr. Not Perfect But Perfect for Me