Saturday, January 16, 2010

Plotting the Impractical

As of gathering the items from the snail-mailbox across the street yesterday evening, I am the recipient of a very generous gift. A very, very funny card from sister Pamela and a check. With clear instructions to spend the funds on something impractical. This prompted a phone call of an hour and a half in duration wherein we solved all of the ongoing problems of the world. Succintcly, this is the solution, if you're being a miserable little shit, I shall ignore you until you're behaving like a decent human being. Then we can talk. Until that time, I will certainly not allow you to spoil my day or my good mood. If you might think this is a simplistic approach, my thinking is that if it works on toddlers, pets, and difficult students, on a larger scale it ought to work just as well. And so, on to bigger things! Today I am devoting to plotting the impractical! Thank you, Miss Pamela, for pushing me out of my practical and pragmatic box. This is going to be so much fun. And as we know from Dr. Seuss, these things are fun, and fun is good.

5 comments:

Ed said...

Check big enough to purchase a small third world country?

Bellona of Avalon said...

Are there any available? With a suitable palace surrounded by luxurious gardens?

Ed said...

The U.S. is looking for buyers. China is leading the pack, so far.

Ed said...

Wow, I mention China and your blog is overrun by ideograms?!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Behold the power of Ed!