Sunday, December 20, 2009

Queen of Trees

The main tree, the blue decorated tree in front of the living room window. The brightly lit snowflake serves as a beacon for me as I attempt to find my house when I come home after dark. At this time of year such a decoration is gaudy as well as useful.

This teensy little tree almost doesn't count, but I'm counting it anyway. On top of a cabinet in the living room, it's a teensy living room waiting for Santa's arrival. If you're curious about scale, the little teddy bear under the tree is about an inch tall.

Tree number three is on a table in the guest bedroom, known to many as the Bunny Room. The name is accurate as the room is decorated in a rabbit centric theme. Professional decorators caution against ever doing a theme room, but I always say, where's the fun in that? Note the fuzzy little bunny ornaments on the tree. I created them myself several years ago when I could not locate appropriate sized rabbit ornaments. It was great fun drilling the holes in their tiny fuzzy heads to accommodate the hanging hardware.


The kitchen tree is pink! The lights are pink, the bows are pink, the skirt is pink.

This golden tree sits atop the dresser in my bedroom. If I forget to unplug it at bedtime, I end up having to get up later to shut it down, it's just too bright to sleep with it on!

The very festive all red tree in the family room. I have a lovely view of it from where I sit typing at this very moment. That makes six trees in all. I could have done more, but stopped at six this year. I have heard about a couple of truly crazy women in the area who put up as many as thirty decorated trees! Six makes me feel festive, as well as relatively sane.