Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sibs, Circa 1965


I'm the big sister, with my 7yo front teeth just growing in. The blond cherub next to me is my sister, Martine. The chunky adorable one in my lap is my baby brother, Cullen. I don't remember this photo being taken, I do remember that the camera didn't come out very often. Mostly for birthdays and holidays and if out-of-town relatives were visiting. Maybe that's what feels special about this snapshot. It was just a regular day. And Mom deemed us worthy of exposing some film, of burning a flashbulb. It may have lingered in the Brownie StarMite for months before it was developed. I love this picture. And I wonder why my sister and I have that odd quirk of doing a hitchhiker thing with our big toes. It's got to be genetic.

3 comments:

Ed said...

Whoa, a blast from the past. And look at that chair. Retro.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Maybe it was that chair, I remember one chair that looked comfy but the upholstery was scratchy. And don't you just love the bangs?

Deanna said...

So sweet!