Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nines

Isn't it silly how we label and measure and quantify things? Illusary and comforting at the same time. Then again, many illusions are comforting. This morning at 9:09:09, on 09/09/09, I looked up to see if a lightening bolt might pierce the roof and smite me. Nope. Do people get nine lives like cats? I wasn't dressed to the nines nor did I feel as if I were on cloud nine. If something magical or miraculous took place, it was beyond the range of my senses and I was not aware of it. On a completely different note, Garrison Keillor is in the hospital after suffering what was said to be a minor stroke. I hope he is well, I cannot imagine a world without A Prairie Home Companion. Nor do I want to. I would like him to be around until well into his nineties, if only just to entertain all of us. And it may be presumptuous of me, but I would guess that he's happy to be here, too.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Many illusions are comforting. Alas, this can make some of them quite dangerous! How about those lucky sevens? Garrison will probably be okay. I'm guessing that his insurance is all paid up. Just for kicks, lightning.