Saturday, September 26, 2009

Dance. Sing. Love. Live.

How is it that I've had so little to say this last week? I've been lipping off and just as opinionated as usual, but typing has become painful. I seem to have some repetitive motion issues with both of my hands, probably caused by tasks I perform on the job. Maybe carpal tunnel, maybe not. Maybe due to an injury at work nearly four years ago, maybe not. A doctor appointment in ten days should shed some light on the problem. Workman's Comp is a touchy subject, I have discovered. Everyone seems to be in agreement that 800 mg of ibuprofin just so I can sleep with the pain is not normal. Sleep with the pain. Better than sleeping with the fishes, I imagine. Fall has arriven on the calendar as well as with the crisp morning air these last few days. Leaves are dropping and the sun is making a shorter appearance each day. Plans are shaping up for my brother's memorial gathering, an event I am experiencing very mixed emotions over. I have something of a reputation as a hostess-with-the-mostess, but I have never hostessed anything remotely like this in the past. My hope is that all who come will share their love and memories, and in that atmosphere of caring we'll all heal from our loss just a little. For me personally, having time with my sisters will be the very best part, even if the reason is tragic. Then again, Cullen had a way of bringing people together. His favorite time of year was fall, so it's only fitting to celebrate his too-short life in this season. The greatest comfort is knowing that Cullen lived how Mark Twain said we ought to:

Dance like no one is watching.
Sing like no one is listening.
Love like you've never been hurt
and live like it's heaven on Earth.


5 comments:

Ed said...

This is instructional. Go to shenmartialarts.com. Peruse the selection of Dit Da Jow and then order one of the ready made four once bottles. Use it in the morning, lunchtime, and at least once in the evening. It will help and there is a high probability that it will FIX the problem. After trying the four ouncer, you may want to order the herbs and make your own. I use the Shao Lin formula.

Ed said...

Doctors, often wrong, never in doubt.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I know you wouldn't lie to me, Ed, I'll take a look.

Shouldn't I also stop doing what aggravates my current condition, give my hands a rest? Today is my fourth day off of my normal work duties, and already there is less pain, greater range of motion.

Ed said...

Take a couple of years off! What the heck.

Bellona of Avalon said...

I'd need a Sugar Daddy to do that! And all of them are looking for someone half my age.