Saturday, September 19, 2009

Arrrrggg!!!


Avast there! It be International Talk Like a Pirate Day! It's also my cousin Emily's birthday. But I don't think she's a pirate. Rum drinks would be in order this evening, I suspect. I can't think of an appropriate dinner menu, nothing that pirates would have consumed on a long sea journey sounds the least bit appetizing. It would be fun to dress Newton and Einstein up in little pirate costumes. Okay, the actual process of dressing them up wouldn't be fun, but getting some photos of the results would be pretty entertaining. It's more likely that the photos would be of me all shredded up and needing a ride to the ER with nary a cat in sight. It's also the last official weekend of summer, the autumnal equinox rolls around next week. The ash tree in the west end of the front yard is a little ahead of schedule, having dropped most of its leaves already. It's almost time to give up my sandals for boots and other closed-toe shoes. But not quite. Not til my toes are chilly. Then bring on the fat socks and sweaters and flannel jammies. Arrrggg, indeed.

2 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

You're so funny.

Greenville, NC (where I live) is Pirate crazy anyway. As in the ECU Pirates. And they have a big game today against UNC so everybody is running around in their Pirate garb, speaking pirate... I don't know if they are aware of the holiday though.

If I gave up my sandals I'd only have one pair of shoes left. :( I need to go shopping bad, but I just hate it so much. I'd rather dig a ditch than to spend even one hour at the mall (or any other store for that matter).

I hope you're having a great weekend so far. I am actually off until Monday morning... I can't believe it. I don't know how to act. My house needs attention, I know that.

Sending lots of love and happiness vibes your way. xox

Ed said...

Cats are some of the very best shredders on the planet. Don't do it. You might not be able to blog.