Monday, August 3, 2009

Ten Good Things in the Last Ten Days

* Hammock-friendly evenings

* Discovering Fish Eye California Shiraz, at $5.47 a bottle it's a little bit of heaven

* McCrory Gardens is in bloom, fabulous, technicolor, late summer bloom

* The insert superlative form adjective here because words fail me Rodin Exhibit at the Washington Pavilion in Sioux Falls

* Fat Tire beer

* It's not your standard fare summer reading, but I am plodding my way through David Foster Wallace's epic Infinite Jest

* There is an ineffable inner calm within I have attained from near-daily bike rides coupled with meditation. I am approaching learning to be still

* Locally grown veggies are appearing in abundance

* Realizing that I have outgrown casual sex

* The gratitude and warmth from true friendship is life affirming and irreplaceable



No comments: