Monday, August 10, 2009

Birthday of Note

Well, it is and it isn't. Allow me to explain. Although it will be a convoluted explanation. Ten years ago I printed out the first draft of a novel. The story centers around three women who are friends, and the narrative bounces back and forth between their last two years of high school and the summer that they turn forty. Action commences on page one on the day of one of the girls' birthdays. And although I moved the birthday in question from August to May for plot and character reasons...the actual birthday of the woman who the character is loosely based upon, is today. Thank you for bearing with me. And I wish the merriest of natal days to Susie/Josie.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Hey that sounds interesting.

Bellona of Avalon said...

If you want to read it, Ed, there are a couple of copies floating around in RC!