Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Seeing Purple


I seem to be buying purple things lately. Today, I bought a fabulous pair of Born clogs in purple suede! Definitely not summer shoes, but I am so ready for fall. And, of course, they were on clearance! Just over twenty bucks instead of the original sticker price of $85. Then there was this purple sundress that spoke to me. Very loudly. I had to buy it so it would shush. People were looking...I may have to wear it out tomorrow night, it has birthday girl emblazoned across it. And under no circumstances shall I wear a red hat with it. I have nothing personal against those red hat ladies, I actually get a kick out of seeing them en masse in their colorful headgear, but I don't wish to follow a trend simply because the calendar says that I qualify. Since I shall turn 52 tomorrow, and 52 is the number of playing cards in a standard deck, I have come to the conclusion that the deeper, cosmic meaning of this is that starting tomorrow, I will at last be playing with a full deck! It looks like I will be kicking off my birthday with a luscious orange scone for breakfast. Then, weather permitting, a bike ride. After that it might be fun to put my feet up and drink some iced tea while I watch the 17yo push the lawnmower around. I have already promised to take him out for lunch for his efforts, which I will consider his gift to me. Sometime tomorrow afternoon I need to whip up a batch of brownies. I have promised the, I'm so sure, multitudes of friends who will be meeting me at Cubby's for drinks and food, that there will be brownies & ice cream, with hot fudge sauce if they behave, afterwards. With champagne. Mmmm. I have to say that overall, 51 was kind of a rough year. With a little luck, and that full deck, 52 ought to be measurably better. In any case, walking though 52 wearing purple suede clogs just sounds like a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Tantra Flower said...

Not only will you be playing with a full deck, but in numerology 52, 5 + 2, = 7, which is the number of enlightenment, spirituality and intuition. I'm not sure I believe in numerology, but I do believe that our perception is our reality and that we are prone to self-fulfilling prophecy; if you feel the vibration of that number, you will live up to it. You can't get much better than a 7. :)

I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow. Brownies and ice cream sounds heavenly and you are such a lovely person, I wish so much that I could be there celebrating with you! Take a couple of extra bites of that brownie for me, will ya? xoxoxo (((BIG BIRTHDAY HUG)))

I'd like to say hello to Ed as well.

I miss everybody. :(

Ed said...

A full deck? What?

Hi Lisa. You are too busy. Smelling any flowers lately?

Bellona of Avalon said...

We miss you, too, Lisa! Please come back soon. Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I'm feelin' that 7 vibe!

Ed, I'll still be me, even with the full deck. Just better! I'm smelling the flowers, my moon garden is loaded with petunias and alyssum and the fragrance drifts in my bedroom window...it's lovely!