Friday, July 24, 2009

I'm Not Crying!

It works like this. I'm on my bike, riding on the bike trail. This is South Dakota, where the sun shines and the wind blows. The sweat runs off my brow and into my eyes, washing sunscreen into my eyes, and along with it whatever else has ended up on my forehead. Resulting in eye irritation. In response, my eyes water. Profusely. Perhaps leading those I meet up with on the trail to think I might be listening to some particularly moving song on the iPod. I like to think of myself as the sensitive and emotionally available biker. At the very least I appear to be. Beth Nielsen Chapman sometimes brings a tear to me when I hear her sing, but not today. All The Time in The World from Sand and Water came up on the shuffle while I was riding. This song is my anthem for the day!

And did I say I've got the right to want it all
Well if it's true I want it all
How could that do me any harm
I'll take the curves, I'll dodge the cops
I'll jump the ditches
Doing eighty miles an hour
Slammin' back into your arms

4 comments:

Ed said...

Shouldn't there be something about safety in those lyrics? Like, don't try this at home or while drinking?

Tantra Flower said...

You need a headband or a bandana. :)

I love those lyrics. Taken completely out of context, of course, but "I'll take the curves"... yes I will. hehehe

Bellona of Avalon said...

Ed, you're taking all the fun out of it!

TF, I've tried a headband, but I have too much gear on my head already! Helmet, sunglasses, earbuds...maybe I should just tape a sweatsock to my forehead!

And do check out the song in its entirety, BNC is amazing!

Ed said...

Oh! Sorry. I need to get not serious!