Thursday, June 4, 2009

...A Week Earlier

So I get home from my meeting with Dr. Park, take a look at the June calendar, and discover I have scheduled my, ahem, procedure, for the only day in June on which I have a conflict! Was this deliberate? Was I merely going through the motions of taking responsibility for my health? Well, no, at least I don't think so. The, ahem, procedure shall now take place one week earlier! Meaning next Wednesday! Meaning I am already on the regimen of taking no dietary supplements (multivitamin, calcium, baby aspirin, glucosamine), no alcohol, no ibuprofin, nothing containing red dye, and I'm abstaining from red meat. And honestly, I'm not doing any of this to dodge jury duty. I have managed to not get called up for that little party for 2.13 months of my 3 month on-call period. Oh, and I need to call the hospital where my, ahem, procedure will take place and impress upon the billing staff there that my, ahem, procedure must, must, must be coded as a screening procedure rather than a diagnostic procedure. After all, it's bad enough that they're going to stick a lighted viewing tool up my ass, at the very least the billing needs to be coded correctly so that my insurance pays for the, ahem, procedure in full! Don't get me started on deductibles, copays, and 90/10 coverage.

2 comments:

Ed said...

You might be trying to get out of something!

Bellona of Avalon said...

Nope! I'm right on schedule! Haven't taken my supplements since Tuesday, no alcohol since Tuesday, starting Sunday no fiber. This Tuesday afternoon at precisely four pm the REAL fun starts when I drink the first bottle of magnesium citrate...