Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shhh...


Don't tell anyone! It's the last day of June, it's after 3:30 in the afternoon, it's official! I have escaped jury duty! There was one close call. A little over a week ago I received a letter from the clerk of courts office giving me very specific instructions about calling a certain phone number concerning an upcoming trial. I was excited. I wrote the information on the calendar. But before the day in question arrived, the clerk of courts office called to say that the case had been settled, that there would be no need for my services as a juror, and to have a nice day. Tomorrow it shall be July and a new pool of Brookings County citizens will await being tapped as jury members. And one of them will most definitely not be me. Whew.

2 comments:

Ed said...

Good for you. I guess that people should do something for the system every once in a while, but jury duty is not my cuppa.

Bellona of Avalon said...

Think I'd rather pick up litter in the park...